Fall Maintenance and MVP Maintenance Plans
Autumn weather has returned to Harrisburg. Here at H.L. Bowman, we hope you make the most of this season. Perhaps you’ll carve some pumpkins or appreciate the changing colors along the Appalachian Trail. However you like to spend fall in Pennsylvania, we hope it’s a great one.
While you’re in the spirit, take stock of your home. Is it ready to face the elements this winter? Whether you have a gas furnace, oil furnace, boiler, or heat pump—you want to be sure your heating system will keep you warm on the coldest days.
Your plumbing must be protected from subfreezing temperatures. Additionally, your water heater must be primed and ready so that you have hot showers and adequate sanitation for flu season.
Preventative maintenance allows your specialist to correct minor imperfections before they become costly repairs. It extends the lifetime of your equipment, so you get the maximum mileage out of your system before ordering a replacement.
Heating and cooling costs typically make up about half of a homeowner’s yearly energy expenses, according to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). However, maintenance reduces utility costs because it improves the efficiency of your home appliances.
Need home experts you can trust? Our family business has been doing maintenance work on Pennsylvania residences since 1946. Our goal is to keep your equipment in quality condition for a reasonable price—not to upsell you. Read on to see what we have to offer.
Fall HVAC Maintenance
As you transition from air conditioning to heating, there are a few things you can do before scheduling your H.L. Bowman check-up.
When outside raking leaves, be sure to leave about four feet of clear space around your outdoor compressor. Next, be sure to stock up on air filters, which need to be replaced routinely to ensure the best airflow.
All set? Here’s what your HVAC specialist will do during your visit:
For your AC:
- Flush the drain lines. This prevents freezing during the winter.
- Scrub dust and debris off the coils and other equipment.
- Monitor refrigerant levels for any leakage.
- Check internal components like belts and pulleys.
For your heating system:
- Check electrical connections, controls, and sensors.
- Use thermal technology to inspect your ductwork for heat loss.
- Inspect and calibrate your thermostat for accurate readings.
- Clean internal parts and check for damage (coils, pilot light, ignitor, burner).
- Look for safety hazards (bad connections, cracked heat exchanger, presence of soot).
- Ensure your carbon monoxide (CO) detectors are working and correctly placed.
Fall Plumbing Maintenance
Next on the list is plumbing. Here are some of the maintenance tasks our specialists perform:
- Bleeding your water heater and/or boiler to remove sediment
- Replacing your anode rod
- Inspecting your tankless water heater
- Identifying and insulating pipes at risk for freezing
Our Maintenance Value Plans
As a homeowner, we know there’s a lot to keep track of. That’s why H.L. Bowman makes fall check-ups simple and affordable for our customers. Our Maintenance Value Plans (MVP) give you peace of mind with seasonal tune-ups, accompanied by a friendly reminder. You’ll also get plenty of extra perks, including:
- Priority service within 24-hours of your call
- 15 percent off HVAC and plumbing repairs
- 15 percent off indoor air quality (IAQ) products
- 12-month guarantee on all repairs
Need a one-stop shop for home comfort? Call H.L. Bowman today.
H.L. Bowman’s team of highly qualified experts is ready to assist with your heating, cooling, and plumbing needs. Call our Harrisburg, PA, headquarters at 717-561-1206 or request service online today.